File International Student Tax Forms - File IRS Tax Form 1040NR Form 1040NR EZ Form 843 Instructions - F1 J1 Tax Refunds - International Student Taxes
International Students F1 J1 visa taxes are Non Resident for Tax purposes during the exempt period of Five years and they have to file Non Resident Tax Forms. There are several IRS International Tax Forms, depending upon the tax situation of the International Students.
Some of the most common International Student tax forms are;
1. Form 1040NR-EZ Instructions - International Student Tax Form - Short Non Resident Tax Form
Form 1040NR-EZ is an International Student Tax Form, that can be filed by International Students both Single and Married, and if your income is less than $100,000 per year. If you have children, then you cannot file Form 1040NR-EZ, you have to file Form 1040NR. International Students can claim personal exemptions, standard deductions and tax treaty based exemptions in the International Student Tax Form 1040NR-EZ. The International Student Tax Software at www.visataxes.com, helps file Form 1040NR-EZ and Form 8843.
Read more about International Student Tax Form 1040NR-EZ Instructions by clicking the link below;
Form 1040NR-EZ Instructions
2. Form 8843 Instructions - International Student Tax Form - Statement for Exempt International Students in F1, J1 visa taxes
International Students in F1, OPT, J1 visa taxes, are exempt for Five years, as long as they are a full time student and are considered Non Resident Aliens for Tax purposes. As Non Residents International Students should File International Student Tax Form 8843, along with their main Non Resident Tax Form 1040NR or Form 1040NR-EZ to confirm their Non Resident Exempt Status.
Read more about International Student Tax Form 8843 Instructions by clicking the link below;
Form 8843 Instructions
3. Form 1040NR Instructions - International Student Tax Form - Long Form 1040NR
International Student Tax Form 1040NR is filed, if you the international students have children, claim dependents, if your income is more than $100,000 or if you trade stocks etc., For all others international students can continue to file Form 1040NR-EZ. Read more about International Student Tax Form Form 1040NR Instructions by clicking the link below;
Form 1040NR Instructions
4. Form 843 Instructions - International Student Tax Exemption Form 843 - Social Security and Medicare Tax Refund for F1, Optional Practical Training, Curricular Practical Training, J1 International Student Tax Refund
International Students are exempt from Social Security and Medicare Taxes for a period of Five years as long as they are full time students. If your employer had deducted social security and medicare taxes, from your paycheck, you can request IRS to refund the withheld Social Security and Medicare Taxes by filing the International Student Tax Form 843.
Read more about International Student Tax Form Form 843 Instructions by clicking the link below;
Form 843 Instructions
5. Form W-7 Instructions - International Students Tax Filing for Dependents - Applying for Individual Tax Identification Number(ITIN) - Tax ID Number for F1 and J1 Dependent Spouse and Children
One of the requirements to file Form 1040NR EZ or Form NR is that that the international students should have either SSN (Social Security Number) or ITIN (Individual Tax Identification Number) for their spouse, dependents.If the Foreign Student's dependent does not have SSN, they can apply for ITIN, by filing Form W7 for their dependent spouse and dependent children.
Read more about International Student Tax Form Form W-7 Instructions by clicking the link below;
Form W-7 Instructions
6. Form 8840 Instructions - Form 8840 Instructions
7. Form 8833 Instructions - Form 8833 Instructions
If you have any questions, please Contact us or post your questions in the Forum.